Iraq’s connections to 911, Al Qaeda, and Terrorism
America’s Left, World Socialists, the Clinton Administration, and the United Nations stood by helplessly for eight years as Saddam Hussein made a mockery of them…made a mockery of their growing list of U.N. Resolutions…made a mockery of their ‘tOhGh’ talks and warnings to him, Saddam Hussein…made a mockery of the “oil-for-food programme” (Resolution 986). It appears that America’s Left, World Socialists, any Democrat Administration, and the United Nations were prepared to simply stand by forever, and to allow Saddam Hussein to continue mocking them.
Then came the Attacks of 11 September 2001 (on the heels of an increasing amount of Terrorist Attacks against America dating back to the 1993 WTC Attack), but this time, America had a President who was not willing to just stand by…America had a President who was willing to *STAND* AGAINST the likes of Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden, Lieutenant Colonel Ahmed Hikmat Shakir, Abdul Rahman Yasin, Mamdouh Mahmud Salim, Abu Musab al Zarqawi, Arafat, etcetera ectcetera etcetera. Now, obviously feeling somewhat embarrassed by their own lack of *ACTION*, America’s Left, World Socialists, the Democrat Party, and the United Nations seek to portray President Bush as the ‘Villain’ whilst attempting to now portray Saddam Hussein as the ‘Victim’…so to speak.
1) Abdul Rahman Yasin: Wanted by the FBI in connection to the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. “Abdul Rahman Yasin fled to Iraq after the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993”, and has been interviewed in Iraq by CBS News’ Lesley Stahl. “Shortly, after his birth, Yasin’s family moved back to Iraq.” “After being recruited by Ramzi Yousef, he got a burn scar while mixing the chemicals for a bomb.”
2) Abu Musab al Zarqawi: “Zarqawi’s activities were not confined to a small corner of northeast Iraq. He traveled to Baghdad in May of 2002 for medical treatment, staying in the capital of Iraq for two months while he recuperated to fight another day. During his stay, nearly two dozen extremists converged on Baghdad and established a base of operations there. These al-Qaida affiliates based in Baghdad coordinated the movement of people, money and supplies into and throughout Iraq for his network.” “He is believed to have fled to Iraq in 2001 after losing a leg in a US missile strike on his Afghan base (he now has an artificial leg).” “He has repeatedly picked up and moved across borders
— from Jordan to Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq.”
That’s just two so far. Anyone see any similarity or Modus Operandi between the two…so to speak of Iraq??? America’s Left, World Socialists, the Democrat Party, and the United Nations claim that such connections simply cannot exist between Terrorists and/or Terrorism Supporting States, because of such ‘Thangs as “rivalries”, varying differences of “Sectarian strategy”, differences between “fundamentalist Islamic terrorists” and “sectarian” Saddam don’t mix, etcetera.
3) Mamdouh Mahmud Salim: “An Iraqi, Salim was born in 1958 and established links between al-Qaida and groups in Iraq and Lebanon.” “It is believed that Salim cofounded al-Qaida.” “Salim is not accused of a direct role in the embassy bombings, but he is charged with terror conspiracy charges that could bring a life sentence.” “He is also accused of managing Wadi Aqiq, bin Laden’s umbrella company that procured communications equipment and conventional weapons for the organization.” Some…as in other Al Qaeda members know him as “Abu Hajer al Iraqi”. “Sure, he told them, he worked for Osama bin Laden—but only as a salaried employee managing bin Laden’s Sudanese agricultural business.” “Moreover, in the mid-nineties, the Iraq-born Salim supposedly put his knowledge and his nationality to use as Al Qaeda’s liaison to Iraqi intelligence.” “Indictment of Mamdouh Mahmud Salim, January 6, 1999”.
4) Ahmed Hikmat Shakir: “One thing we’ve learned about Iraq since the fall of Saddam Hussein is that the former dictator was a diligent record keeper. Coalition forces have found–literally–millions of documents.” “Our government sources, who have seen translations of the documents, say Shakir is listed with the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel.” “It is possible that the Ahmed Hikmat Shakir listed on the Fedayeen rosters is a different man from the Iraqi of the same name with the proven al Qaeda connections.” “Shakir was present at the January 2000 al Qaeda “summit” in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, at which the 9/11 attacks were planned.” “According to sensitive reporting, a Malaysia-based Iraqi national (Shakir) facilitated the arrival of one of the Sept 11 hijackers for an operational meeting in Kuala Lumpur (Jan 2000).” “This panicked reaction, they said, reflected an interest in Shakir at the highest levels of Saddam Hussein’s regime.”
Those two make two more…so to speak of four, Modus Operandi, and Iraq. Perhaps America’s Left, World Socialists, the Democrat Party, and the United Nations now wish to conveniently forget what was going on during the eight years of Clinton…conveniently forgetting what even Clinton and others were saying during those same eight years, whilst they now seek to portray President Bush as the ‘Villain’ whilst attempting to now portray Saddam Hussein as the ‘Victim’…so to speak of those who would rewrite history.
SNIP…“And they will be all the more lethal if we allow them to build arsenals of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them. We simply cannot allow that to happen.
There is no more clear example of this threat than Saddam Hussein’s Iraq. His regime threatens the safety of his people, the stability of his region and the security of all the rest of us.”
That was from February of 1998. Here’s Clinton again, in December of 1998, basically saying that Iraq had “abused its last chance”:
Earlier today, I ordered America’s armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq’s nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.”
State-Sponsored Terrorism – Iraq: “Iraq planned and sponsored international terrorism in 2002. Throughout the year, the Iraqi Intelligence Services (IIS) laid the groundwork for possible attacks against civilian and military targets in the United States and other Western countries.” “Iraq was a safehaven, transit point, and operational base for groups and individuals who direct violence against the United States, Israel, and other countries.” “Baghdad provided material assistance to other Palestinian terrorist groups that are in the forefront of the intifadah.” “Saddam paid the families of Palestinian suicide bombers to encourage Palestinian terrorism, channeling $25,000 since March through the ALF alone to families of suicide bombers in Gaza and the West Bank.” “In addition, small numbers of highly placed al-Qaida militants were present in Baghdad and areas of Iraq that Saddam controls.” “Iraq is a party to five of the 12 international conventions and protocols relating to terrorism.”
OK…OK. That was from the 2002 Patterns of Global Terrorism, released in 2003, so the ‘Villain’ Bush was just trying to victimize the ‘Victim’ Saddam some more, huh. Let us try an earlier report…say like the 1995 Patterns of Global Terrorism report, which was released in 1996. Is that fair enough???
State-Sponsored Terrorism – Iraq: “Iraq continues to provide haven and training facilities for several terrorist clients.” http://www.fas.org/irp/threat/terror_95/tersst.htm#Iraq
Still not enough?!? Er, OK. Let humble Low and Ignorant Insane hermit me try it this way…so to speak of “State-Sponsored Terrorism – Iraq” and the “Patterns of Global Terrorism” reports:
1998 – Ummmmmmmm, it seems that Clinton and his Administration wanted to hide both the “Patterns of Global Terrorism” report and Iraq in 1998 – http://www.state.gov/www/global/terrorism/1998Report/1998index.html
1999 – Yes, it looks like the “Patterns of Global Terrorism” reports have changed, and that the “State-Sponsored Terrorism – Iraq” portion is no longer listed, or is buried – http://www.state.gov/www/global/terrorism/1999report/1999index.html
Well, much like Terrorists and *SUPPORTERS* of Terrorism…America’s Left, World Socialists, the Democrat Party, and the United Nations seek to hide from something. Terrorists and *SUPPORTERS* of Terrorism fear being caught, so they hide in caves or a “spider-hole”. America’s Left, World Socialists, the Democrat Party, the United Nations, and ‘their’ Mainstream Media fear ‘Da *TRUTH*…thusly, they seek to rewrite history by repeating and/or spreading *LIES*!!! Speaking of Mainstream Media, please allow humble me to add the followings before closing…so to speak.
1) Newsweek magazine, from 11 January of 1999: “Saddam Hussein, who has a long record of supporting terrorism, is trying to rebuild his intelligence network overseas–assets that would allow him to establish a terrorism network. U.S. sources say he is reaching out to Islamic terrorists, including some who may be linked to Osama bin Laden, the wealthy Saudi exile accused of masterminding the bombing of two U.S. embassies in Africa last summer.”
2) ABC News, from 15 January of 1999: “Intelligence sources say bin Laden’s long relationship with the Iraqis began as he helped Sudan’s fundamentalist government in their efforts to acquire weapons of mass destruction…ABC News has learned that in December, an Iraqi intelligence chief named Faruq Hijazi, now Iraq’s ambassador to Turkey, made a secret trip to Afghanistan to meet with bin Laden. Three intelligence agencies tell ABC News they cannot be certain what was discussed, but almost certainly, they say, bin Laden has been told he would be welcome in Baghdad.”
3) From an NPR interview (year not listed): “Iraq’s contacts with bin Laden go back some years, to at least 1994, when, according to one U.S. government source, Hijazi met him when bin Laden lived in Sudan. According to Cannistraro, Iraq invited bin Laden to live in Baghdad to be nearer to potential targets of terrorist attack in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait…Some experts believe bin Laden might be tempted to live in Iraq because of his reported desire to obtain chemical or biological weapons. CIA Director George Tenet referred to that in recent testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee when he said bin Laden was planning additional attacks on American targets.”
4) Clinton administration indicts Osama bin Laden, from “spring of 1998”: “Al Qaeda reached an understanding with the government of Iraq that al Qaeda would not work against that government and that on particular projects, specifically including weapons development, al Qaeda would work cooperatively with the Government of Iraq.”
(NOTE: Those ‘Four’ came from here – http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/152lndzv.asp?pg=2 )
Thank You for Your Dualistic time, if You have made it to this point.
The Socialist/Democrat ‘pArTy’ is about unbridled Ego. Unbridled Ego gives ‘tRuTh’ to *LIES*…Unbridled Ego gives ‘tRuTh’ to *LIES*…so to speak ‘Da *TRUTH*!!!